They say the first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem.
I suffer from Protest Boycott Fatigue Syndrome. Protest Boycott Fatigue Syndrome
or PBFS is the desensitizing of another person’s suffering because of the quick
overuse of boycotts and pretest when no such need is warranted. It started at my denominations convention when
they voted to boycott Taco Bell for some reason. I will admit I was all in as
Taco Bells gives me the runs. So I conformed but not really knowing why. I believe it began with my deep person
conflict with my love for the GLBT community and my love for the chicken
sandwich. I guess I am more tolerate of a CEO views if they produce an awesome
chicken sandwich and accurate, courteous service, and clean friendly eating
environment. However they ever lose the waffle fries and replace them with
seasoned Back Yard Burger type fries. I may be pulled over to the evil dark
side for good. My PBFS has worsened in the past few months with events like Ferguson
and Indiana. It is event as such as
these where others inject racism, bigotry, and hate when there is no evidence
of such. When people take their personal agenda even with great intentions and place
it on a platform where it doesn’t fit it seems to desensitize me. I get bored and tune it out. Are there hatred,
bigotry and injustice in this world? Yes. But the ones I have seen have been on
a more individual level usually without grandstanding boycotts and protest. Is
there work to be done to increase tolerance, inclusivity, and compassion? Hell
ya! Gay rights and racism are two spokes on the wheel of many injustices. All
injustices should be important. But it just seems once the boycotts are done,
the protesting and looting are over with, and the media move one, the true victims
are left in its wake alone trying to put the pieces of their life back together.
So I am fatigued. I feel my emotions and passion is being pimped out by the
media. There are so many protest and boycotts I need an app to keep up. So I
have no idea which place I can eat, which place I can shop, or which state I
can travel too. When one suffers from PBFS you seem to hear a lot of talk and
not really witnessing much compassion or action. I get boycott and protests are
cool, ole school 60’s stuff. I’m a nostalgia dude. I mean back then they had awesome music to go
along with the moral and ethical change was brought about. We got Kanye West. So for my friends on Facebook that only posts
status on Ferguson and Indiana please know I support your cause, admire your
spirited, but cannot properly share your enthusiasm as per my condition. But I
do like funny videos of dogs playing drums.. PBFS is real. I hate suffering
with this as I deeply desire true change, my heart breaks for injustices in
this world, I really wish I could do something productive to help but I’m just
really tired, over desensitized, and too distracted to act. Hey look a squirrel!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment